What Is Shisha
“what is shisha?” In some regions, the actual pipe is called the “shisha”, although this is also the primary term used when referencing the tobacco that is smoked. This tobacco is traditionally soaked in flavored juices and placed in a hookah bowl. The shisha is often fruit-flavored.
A hookah shisha is basically a water pipe. A hookah shisha consists of a head (which is filled with moist tobacco), a central stem leading to a water bowl at the bottom, and a hose with a mouthpiece on the end. Moist tobacco is put in the head, and this is heated by lighting some charcoal held above it (on a piece of foil with holes poked in it or a metallic mesh). The intention is to heat the tobacco without burning it. The smoke is then sucked through the water and out of the hose before the user inhales.
The type of tobacco used in hookah pipelines is slightly various from normal tobacco utilized in cigarettes. It’s wet, and often has molasses, vegetable glycerin as well as flavorings. Incorporated with the reduced chance of combustion, this usually implies that hookah smoke is much less harsh to breathe in than cigarette smoke
A traditional shisha pipe hail from the Middle East, where shisha tobacco has been smoked for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. Modern shisha pipes are being manufactured all over the globe, and even more, traditional countries like Turkey are now producing both modern and traditional shishas.
A shisha pen is a small, cigarette-shaped, electronic water pipe that vaporizes a flavored liquid. The Shisha pen is excellent for an experience on the move, regardless of where you are; the shisha pen is ready to use. Along with this, since the e-shisha vaporizes a liquid, it does not consist of any of the tar, carbon monoxide gas, or other toxic substances created when melting shisha cigarettes. Shisha pens provide a pure and enjoyable shisha experience without having to bother with pure nicotine dependency or negative wellness effects.
The shisha world has several types of electronic shisha pens to choose from depending on your personal preferences.
- Disposable Shisha Pen
Disposable shisha pens usually come in one piece. Inside the device is a battery to power up the shisha pen, an atomizer to vaporize the liquid solution, and a flavor cartridge with the liquid solution of your choice. Disposable shisha pens are intended for one-time use only. This means that there’s no assembly needed and you don’t need to charge it. You will know how long the product will last by checking the number of puffs.
- Rechargeable Shisha Pen
Rechargeable shisha pens on the other hand can last longer. It comes with a USB charger to allow charging once the battery is exhausted. The flavor cartridge can be refilled with an e-liquid.
Is hookah smoking harmless?
Hookah smoking may seem harmless, as it’s most often done occasionally in social situations only, but smoking tobacco in water pipes can be quite damaging to your heart, a new study warns.
A growing body of evidence suggests that hookah smoking affects blood pressure and heart rate. Regular use is linked with increased coronary artery disease risk. A study out last year found that people’s heart rates went up 16 beats per minute after 30 minutes of hookah smoking. Also, their blood pressure rose. Smoking also stiffened arteries to a degree similar to the damage that can be caused by having one cigarette.
Customers inhale many liters of smoke that are full of big quantities of particulate issues. In fact, one hookah session causes more carbon monoxide gas direct exposure compared to cigarette smoking one cigarette. Hookah smoke consists of other chemicals that can impair the cardio system such as nicotine, unpredictable natural compounds (VOCs), polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, acrolein, lead, cadmium, and arsenic. Once again, a lot of the toxic substance degrees are higher in hookah than in cigarette smoke.
Is there any difference between shisha and vape?
“What is shisha?”A Shisha is primarily a water pipe. A Shisha kit consists of a head (which is filled with moist cigarette), a central stem resulting in a water dish near the bottom, as well as a pipe with a mouthpiece on completion. A damp cigarette is placed in the head, as well as this is heated by lighting some charcoal held over it (on an item of aluminium foil with holes jabbed in it or a metallic mesh). The intention is to warm the cigarette without melting it. The smoke is then drawn with the water and also out of the pipe before the customer breathes in.
In vaping, there is no tobacco present, despite the presence of nicotine or even some flavoring components from tobacco leaves.
- Tobacco and Nicotine
- Vape juice contains no tobacco leaf. The liquid that is smoked is commonly clear or nearly clear and contains nicotine mechanically extracted from tobacco leaf or synthetic nicotine.
- Shisha is used for a mixture of tobacco leaf in which naturally contains nicotine.
- Shisha utilizes shedding charcoal (most regularly coconut husk coals nowadays) to heat the tobacco mix. The coals are positioned on top of the “bowl” consisting of the cigarette with a layer of foil (or various other metal tools) to prevent the coals from directly touching the tobacco. The tobacco mixture is warmed to the point that the liquids atomize into vapor.
- Vape uses a metal coil to rapidly heat the juice that has wicked into the cotton surrounding the coil (there are variants on this but this is the common model). The wicked juice is atomized into vapor nearly instantly on contact with the coil.
- Vape juice is a mixture of Vegetable Glycerine (VG), Propylene Glycol (PG), nicotine, flavoring, and sweeteners (natural and/or artificial).
- Shisha flavor is a mix of tobacco leaf, VG, sweetener (honey/molasses), and flavoring. Shisha tobacco is not mixed with PG which
- Some argue that vaping will have fewer negative health results as the juice contains fewer natural compounds that may result in carcinogenic substances being breathed in. Theoretically, the vapor generated is relatively reduced in Total Aerosol Residue (T.A.R.) that can trigger health concerns such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- Shisha results in large quantities of Carbon Monoxide (CO) being inhaled via the coal’s combustion. CO levels found in shisha are notably higher than cigarette use while vape produced zero CO. The CO levels are often the culprit for people feeling “sick” after smoking shisha or being in a stuffy shisha lounge. Mild CO poisoning can result in headache, dizziness, nausea, and difficulty concentrating.
Note*: VG is generally recognized by the FDA as safe to inhale and is used in “water-based” fog machines. However, prolonged inhalation has been shown to have negative effects.
conclusion: As mentioned earlier, here’s a sum-up of the key differences, and a look at which is the better alternative to cigarettes. They have their very own benefits, and there is no distinction in between which is the best. You can choose one for your preference!